Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I Blame Drugs

I join in this week's salute to vidiotic musical ancient history, what with Cafe Muscato's Petula Clark anniversary and the usual shenanigans of The Redundant Variety Hour stooping to Olivia Newton Whatever, by presenting T. Rex tearing it up with Children of the Revolution.



You can squint all you want, but eventually you have to concede lead singer Marc Bolan, partially buried under a wig he seems to have boosted from Cher, is wearing a two piece yellow miniskirt, decorated with random string.

More disturbing than his fashion choices is the spectacle of Straight White People Trying to Dance.  Girl, the fucking downbeat is practically delivered by cannon shot, how can you possibly miss it? And let us not overlook the guy in the fuscia t-shirt standing perfectly still, waving his hands aimlessly as if he were trying to contact the spirit world through an invisible ouija board.

Nevertheless, a great tune, rocketing up the charts.

17 comments:

  1. Fuscia t-shirt guy seems to be an underground spy from Target Stores, Inc. infiltrating the reverie on a reconnaissance mission to see what the kids are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt that accounted for them going long on two piece miniskirts for men.

      Delete
  2. Geez, this is so very white that I think I can skip my Crest White Strips tonight. My teeth feel ten shades whiter just by watching this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Well you can bump and grind
    If it's good for your mind
    Well you can twist and shout
    Let it all hang out"

    The German audience did not understand those words, methinks... Jx

    PS Marc Bolan was sexy, even in canary yellow string.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not many people could get away with all that hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure that he did either. Also, is he wearing clear plastic bell bottoms under the yellow skirt or was that image just brought on by my squinting.

    I think this may be the first time I've knowingly heard a T-Rex song; I know it will be the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And see: that hurt my brain so much that I forgot my second sentence required a question mark at the end!

      Delete
    2. I think the idea of clear plastic bell bottoms should be enough to make anyone's brain hurt.

      Delete
  6. Marc Bolan is my boyfriend and he can do and wear whatever and whomever the hell he wants, as far as I'm concerned, as long as I get to watch. Haters gonna hate, more Marc for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have visions of you and Marc snuggling down in that wig. So romantic.

      Delete
    2. Hands off Bolan, Salty Miss J.

      He's dirty, sweet, and he's my girl.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I'm sure no one could have looked better in it than you.

      Delete
  8. Two steps to the right, clap, two steps to the left, clap, repeat til song ends. There, that's my dance routine. However, whenever I hear Cosmic Dancer my favourite T-Rex song, I'm floating around the house like Isadora Duncan on agarics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I was there, we could dance together. It would just be a picture.

      Delete

In Which Nursepeenee Considers Rectal Thermometers for Everyone

I am surrounded by the diseased and the sickly.  Everyone I speak to these days has some emergency room trip or doctor visit or just puny as...