Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wedding Bell News

stinkylulu reminds us that we mentioned, more than once, that we're getting married, but then sort of drifted off topic. As many of our friends will testify, drifting off topic is rather a speciality of ours. Just wave something shiny around and, wham. Anyway, here's the news.

We get married this Thursday in City Hall. Our dear friends Urbanstreetpitrate and Diane von Austinberg are flying in for the festivities, which will include a wedding lunch at the schmancy One Market. Another good friend knows the catering manager there and has arranged some gala surprises, yay. As long as it's not mariachi bands, I'm delighted with it.

Diane's annual visits are always something to look forward to and Urban has been missing far too long. Diane and I like to cook together (and how many people can you say that about?) and are the terror of thrift stores all over town. Urbanstretpirate is sweet and charming and the perfect friend to hang with. In short, the bestest wedding a poof could hope for.

18 comments:

  1. YAY for you! congrats!!!!!!!!

    mrs peenee-man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIss Janey wishes Mr. Peenee and the R Man a wonderful wedding and day. Yay for gala surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very dignified, a la Wallis Simpson.
    I suggest a Mainbocher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You KNOW I'll be with you two in spirit! It's my preferred form.

    LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU BOTH!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the poofs! ::clink::

    All my best to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As we say over on this side of the world, "Alf Mabrouk, ya shabab, wa yom sayeed, ya gomal!" (A thousand congratulations, boys, and a happy day, you beauties!").

    We want the menu, with surprises. And of course the wardrobe rundown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hhhhhhhhhhhh! Would you get married already? I’m dying to find out what happens on the honeymoon. Have you picked out curtains and decided a pattern? I want to hear all about your bouquet. For Gods sake please where off white and stay away from chiffon and crinoline. Had a shower yet? Bachelorette party? Details darling…details?

    My wish for you dearest Mrs. Peenee,

    You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore,

    The moment I heard my first love story I began seeking you,

    What greater thing is there for two human souls,

    When two people are at one,

    Oh promise me,

    Oh and throw in, Pretty is the bride the sun shines upon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you both!!

    ♫ ♫ ♪Love & marriage... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every good wish on your special day!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell the other bridesmaids that the bouquet has my name on it, and I'm neither afraid nor ashamed to play dirty in order to catch it.

    Congrats and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, sister, you and I are going to have to rumble for that bouquet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loves ya, Jason, but you'd better have your shoulder pads and knee guards on, because I'm gonna be playing rough.

    You may fuck the caterer as a consolation prize, if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!! I hope your day is prefect. and the rest of your days too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!!! What a wonderful day. :)

    ReplyDelete

In Which We Go to Church

First let me emphasize, I WAS NOT EAVESDROPPING.  I was at Peet's, the best cafe in the world, and a couple of elderly queers sitting be...