Monday, June 16, 2008

Wedding Bells.


R Man and I have been together 27 years, 20 of them here in San Francisco. We plan on marrying this fall, in our home, surrounded by our friends. All we have to do is wring a time out of the Diane von Austinberg for when she can be here to set the date. She'll be our flowergirl.

Neither of us is comfortable with publicly expressed emotions; we may be gay guys, but we’re guys after all. I think that may be one of the reasons why we’re doing this. We want to make a stand against all the negative training that our whole lives spent in the shadow of the straight world has taught us. I want to confront all the forces that have always said “No, you can’t” to me and retort “Yes, I will.” I want to publicly announce how important he is to me, how I love him. And I think our wedding can do that.

9 comments:

  1. Mazel tov! (If Kevin and Scotty on Brothers & Sisters can get married, then you boys should too.)

    Super cute pic of you 2 btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we say in this part of the world, Alf Mabrouk, Habibi!

    Here's my practical, ex-event planner hint on weddings: don't let any of the vendors involved know what kind of event you're planning. Mentioning the word "wedding" immediately adds 25% to the bill, and I don't think florists, caterers, or anyone else are going to make exceptions for all-boy celebrations...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, I'll be there any time you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratualtions and best of everything to you Mr. Peenee and your RMan.

    Now stop it. You are making Miss Janey cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, consider yourself included in my great big air kiss to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the ranks, Mr Peenee!
    Pls alert Mr P & I where you & RMan are registered (how close is The Gauntlet to your place-- I used to be 1 of their models! Hee!) so we can purchase something completely inappropriate!
    So very happy for you 2!
    MWAH!

    ReplyDelete

In Which We Are Becatted

  Everybody say hello to our new cat, Octavia. I know this is not a very good picture, but it's the only one I have because immediately ...